Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Forgot that Easter Comes First




Easter Time!!

Hi!! Mother Hen Here! This is Barbara saying 'Happy Easter'!
Who would have thought that a sewing machine could make lace!
This cute Easter Basket is embroidered in the hoop and then sewn together.

It has bunnies & eggs on the ends, eggs on the sides and a carrot handle.


It takes a whole lot of thread, but what child wouldn't like this full of goodies!
Especially young ones that love to carry things around!


More Fun Mother's Day Gifts!

Birthday Calendars

I have put this in now, 5 times, and am annoyed!
When I go to place a picture, I lose a lot of my post.
Anyone know how to do this?
Help!! Please!!

ANYWAY! This is a great idea for those of us that have a
lot of children (9) and grandchildren (21) and can't
remember anything. This was more of a gift for me
than it was for them, but cute anyway.

This is Jacki's calendar. Juli was going to take a picture
of hers, but she'll have to put it in because I'm not doing
this again!

You start by having a 16x16 piece of sheet metal cut.
Put your 'Birthday Calendar' heading at the top and then
split the rest of the board into 12 squares.
Make a paper calendar with all the birthdays on it
so if you have a month that has a lot, you can make that
row longer.
The adults just have their day beside their name, but the children
have the year ('02') beside the day so I can see at a glance
how old they will be.


I chose cute ribbon and then picked cute flowers to match. You
can really personalize this to the person you are making it for!
I chose wired ribbon so I could arrange the ends.

Next, I took the flowers off the stem and cut some of the back off so
it wouldn't stick out so far. BE CAREFUL not to cut too much or
your flower will fall apart! If so, hot glue them back together. Cut the
leaves off the stem and hot glue them onto the back side of the
flower with part of the leaf sticking out past the flower.
Then glue a magnet onto the back of the leaves.
I made three flowers for each board so that
they could arrange them however they wanted.

Voila! A wonderful gift for those that have trouble
remembering! If I were to do it again, (& I may still do it
to mine), I would get colored tape to match the
ribbon and flowers to put around the outside of
the sheet metal. The corners are pretty sharp otherwise!
Have fun adding your own creativity.

Lace Bookmarks

Here are some Lace bookmarks that I have sewn. I have them for 'Mother',
'Daughter', 'Sister', 'Friend', & Love. I had more 'Sister' ones done but I gave
them to the ladies I visit every month. Of course, I forgot to take a
picture before I gave them away. You could use ribbon, cording. braiding.
Almost anything will work. Fun thing to give your friends & family.





Hope you all have a great weekend!
Next week I will show you the cute hooded towels I have made for all
the grandkids. Then we'll start on the 'DARLING' Minkee blankets and
bibs. It's been fun. Thanks to all of you for your comments & support!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Super cute Mom. I love the bookmarks and basket. Awesome machine!

Connie the crafterbug said...

I love your birthday calendar! I am always forgetting birthdays. I may be doing this in the future. Thanks for your comment on my busy bee towels. I got the fabric at walmart last fall. I don't know if I should do tutorial because I would feel bad since I got the idea from a book. What do you think?
Connie

Debbiedoos said...

That is so cute. And I love your spring sign too.
I would love to have you join my newbie party come Monday. Link up Sunday night.
http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
New friend here.

Christy said...

I love the calendar idea. I was just todat asking my MIL for all the birthdays on that side of the family. Great way to not forget and for the kids to look at and know whose birthday is coming!!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

My mom would LOOOOOVE that birthday calendar - what a great idea!! Looks like I've got her Christmas gift covered....thanks for the inspiration.

My Creative Intuitions said...

Love the birthday calendar! What a great idea! I almost always forget birthdays, I may have to make one of these! I am a new follower and I am loving your blog so far! =)

~Jan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...