Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Play Dough" Lollipop Cookies

It's raining, it's pouring, Jacki is BORING!
Yep, that's how I've felt the last couple of days. It has been raining nonstop and
pretty soon I should start making my ark like Noah or the flood
waters are going to take me away.
I have really been missing the sun and wanted something cheery.


I saw these cookies over at The Idea Room and have been
trying to make them since February.
I figured now was the time, since they're so bright and happy. :)

"Play Dough Lollipop Cookies"

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Assorted food coloring (paste works best)
24 lollipop sticks

Directions:
In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir till soft dough forms.
Divide dough into fourths. Color each with different food color.
Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grab a little of each color and roll each into a ball.
Put one of each color together to form one big ball.
Now start rolling it between your palms into a snake like rope about 12 inches long.
Starting at one end coil the rope into a round cookie.
Place cookies on a greased baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
Carefully insert a lollipop stick into the bottom of the cookie.

Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool and store in an airtight container.

We enjoyed these cookies and I really felt like I was playing with play dough. Next time I think I will let my boys make different designs out of the dough instead of doing the lollipops.
Hope your family enjoys making them as well.
Hope Spring comes SOON!

1 comment:

The Petersen 5 said...

Very cute! Your such a fun Mommy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...