Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Altering Baby Clothes

Recently Ashley from Make It and Love It did a post about altering baby clothes. I loved the idea because I have a ton of 6-9 month clothes that my older daughter wore in winter months (meaning long sleeves) and now my younger daughter is getting big enough to fit into those clothes and it's spring, soon to be summer. I hate the idea of her not being able to wear any of them (some are way cute). I don't want to see them go to waste so I decided to take Ashley's idea and put it to use. What do you think?

BEFORE

AFTER

AND IT FITS PERFECTLY
I know I'm her mom and all but isn't she a cutie...minus the battle wounds she gave herself on her face?


Soooooo what I did was un-stitch the cuffs, cut the sleeves down, then re-attached the cuffs....pretty simple. I am so glad to have a serger that makes doing this kind of project so much easier and gives you a nice clean seam.

I better get to work and alter the stack of shirts sitting here so she has something to wear!!!

3 comments:

Juli said...

So cute!! I wouldn't have even known it was altered! I'm not sure I could pull that off! Good job Heather!!

Jessica said...

She is a cutie!!

Home Generator Tyler said...

Hello mate great blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...