Tuesday, April 5, 2011

SPRING BLOCKS

Spring is HERE!!!
Finally!!
(well, at least for a couple days! but I'll take what I can get!!)

To celebrate, I decided to make spring decorations for my mantle. I love letter blocks, like these ones that Jacki and I made, but I'm really trying to craft with things I already have. While going through my craft junk, I found some small blocks that were given to me a long time ago. They were smaller than what I wanted, but I decided to work with what I had! Here's what I came up with.


I painted the blocks pink, then mod podged scrapbook paper on all sides. I used my cricut to cut out the letters, and then did a final coat of mod podge to seal it.


Unfortunately my mantel isn't very deep, so I couldn't put anything other than a few fake flowers to finish it.
But I really like how it turned out!
But wait, there's more....!!!
While I was making these, I realized that Happy Spring and Happy Easter have the exact same amount of letters. So, I put letters on both sides of the blocks. All I have to do is turn the blocks around and VOILA!!



This will make switching decorations so much easier!! I found the idea for the Easter egg garland over at Eighteen25 .
Have you made any Spring or Easter decorations lately??
Thanks for reading!!
Juli

3 comments:

Barbara M. said...

Way cute, Juli! We need to live closer so you can cricut me some words! About the only way that I would get things done is if I did them with you!! Alright!!!

Miss Kindergarten said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Juli! Your comment was so sweet :) love this blog!

Hadar

Jen said...

I love the blocks, and that egg garland is super cute! Thank you for linking up to Fantastic Friday. I hope that you will join us again tomorrow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...