Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Belated Mothers Day

Hello there and Happy Belated Mothers Day to all you fabulous women!!
I planned to have these Mothers Day gifts ready to share with you
last week, but it just didn't happen.
So I'll share them with you now, and you can use them next year!!

In last weeks post, I told you I was going to make my own version of this vase


Well, I'm not sure it turned out like I wanted, but it's the thought that counts, right??
I made it for my step mom, who between her kids and my dads kids, has 35 grand-kids.
So I had my work cut out for me!!


I had to pick a pretty big vase since I had so many names to fit on it,
and they just barely fit on this one.

I wanted to share this awesome product I found!!
You may all know about it, but this is the first time I've used Sticky Out.


I hate picking off the price tags or UPC labels, and this stuff made it so much easier!
I just put a little bit on the sticker, let it sit for minute or so, and then wiped it right off!!
So much easier!!


So I started off with my trusty mod podge and some tissue paper.
I applied mod podge and the tissue paper in small sections, smoothing it as I went.
I liked the frosty look it gave the vase.
Then I cut out 3 different kinds of flowers with my cricut,
and put each of the kids names on circles for the center of the flower.


Then I mod podged the flowers, along with the words, onto the vase.
I covered it with two coats of mod podge, and am hoping that will be enough to seal it.
Overall I think it turned out really cute, and my step mom loved it!


The other Mothers Day gift was one I found at Our Best Bites.
They had the best idea for tin can treats for mothers day.






I gave these to a few ladies at church, as well as my mom and sisters. They were really easy and quick to make. I also made a few for my son's teachers since this week is teacher appreciation week. You can download both versions from Our Best Bites website. Such a fun gift!!

Well, that's all I have for this week! Thanks for reading!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...