Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{Bored No More}


School is almost out for us and to try to keep my kids from driving me crazy with
"I"M BORED" or
"THERE"S NOTHING TO DO" or
"I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO"

I scoured the web and found the idea to do a
"BORED NO MORE" Jar

The purpose of the jar is that if one of my kids come to me saying
"I"M BORED"
then they HAVE to pick a paper out from the "BORED NO MORE" Jar
and then they HAVE to do what ever it says...not if's, ands, or buts

They might get lucky and pick: run through the sprinklers,
paint a picture, go get an ice cream cone from Macey's

or they might not get so lucky and pick: clean the bathroom mirrors,
empty the dishwasher, collect all the garbage in the house, do a book report

hopefully the point I can get across to my kids is that they need to figure out something to do by them selves or else they might HAVE to do something they didn't want to do in the first place.
It's their choice and if they pick something not fun then oh well they have to still do it.

(I am not a cruise director.....I can't entertain them all day every day)

*************************************

To make the jar I went to my local thrift store and found a jar to use...it only cost me a $1.
Then I just cut out the words on my Cricut and put it on the jar.
I then sat at my computer and thought up of all the things to put into the jar.

Here are some more ideas:
play with play-doh
wash the car or your bike
color a picture and mail it to the grandparents
put on a puppet show
clean the toilets
dust the staircase
play Memory

I have about 50 things in the jar so....
hopefully this won't be a BORING Summer after all!!!

3 comments:

gnomeswife77 said...

Awesome Idea Heather. I think I might do a jar as well!

Liz said...

what a great idea! I showed my sister.. She was just saying she needed more ideas!

Anna said...

Great idea! When I was a kid, boredom was never an issue during the summer. Not sure how my kids ended up that way??? Thanks for the tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...