Thursday, May 19, 2011

These Hands Will Hold My Heart Forever!


Every year I try and make something for my Daycare parents on
Mother's Day and Father's Day.

Sometime it's a paper plate with their hands, other times it's candy with a cute saying.
I have done daycare for about ten years, so my ideas are running dry.
I saw this post over at Clean and Sensible and
thought it was something I haven't tried yet.
I'm posting it now for multiple reasons.
First, so we have an archive for next year.
Second, who wouldn't love to get this for a birthday,
anniversary or other important day.

I went to Wal-mart and they had two canvases for, I think, seven dollars.
I painted the canvas white and than
painted a red border.
I put the boys hand prints on first, which was

hard with an almost 12 month old. I think it turned out okay though.
After that dried, I Mod Podged the letters and hearts on. I also went over
the whole canvas with Mod Podge, so it would have a glossy look.
I attached
a red ribbon on the back to hang.

This didn't take me very long, just the time for drying.
I love that it has the two boys hands on it, the size difference is so cute.
Wouldn't this be fun to give to a Grandma?

Have a great weekend and I will talk to you next Thursday!

Jacki :)


2 comments:

Connie the crafterbug said...

This is very cute! I like the saying too and the colors. Great idea. I did something very similar for mothers day for my nursery kids,well kind of.. I haven't posted it yet though.
Connie

Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses
rolex watches
coach outlet
uggs outlet
air max
ugg boots
ugg boots
ugg outlet
coach outlet store online
adidas yeezy boost
201711.14wengdongdong

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...