Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hair Clips for Mommy

Hello there!! I've been on a hair clip kick for the last couple of weeks, so that's what I'll be sharing with you again today! My good friend Natasha turned 30 a couple weeks ago. Since I know she likes to wear flowers in her hair, I figured I'd make her a few hair clips.
I wanted these to be a bit more classy, since they were for an adult.
Here's the first one one I came up with


What do you think? All I did was take the flower apart, and glue it back together piece by piece. For the center, I used a bigger pearl that I had, and surrounded it with mini pearl beads. I glued a larger hair clip to the back of the flower. I really like these hair clips that I found at Joann's that stay a lot better in an adults hair.


The next flower I made using blue silk fabric from my stash.


This one took a little bit more time. I cut circles out of the blue silk, and cut every other circle out of some grey tulle I found in the remnant basket at Joann's. Once you have all the circles cut, you burn the edges of each circle. This is what makes them curl up. At first I tried burning the edges of the tulle too, but in the end I think it looks better leaving the tulle unburned. Here's what the tulle looked like when it was burnt.

I definitely like it better leaving the tulle as it is.

I didn't get a picture of the back, but I glued this flower to a circle of felt. Then I glued another circle of felt to the first circle, but I only glued the sides of the circle. This left the middle part of the circle unglued, so she could slide it onto a headband or slide a clip through the gap, and just put it in her hair. I made another accessory that I didn't get a picture of either. I made three rolled felt flowers, glued them in a bunch on a piece of felt, and then glued another piece of felt to the back, leaving the middle unglued. I liked how versatile all these hair clips were, so that she could use them in so many different ways!
Sorry I don't have pictures of the last one!

What do you think? Will you be making one of these for yourself??
That's all for today!! Thanks for reading!!
Juli

Linking up to these fabulous link parties!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it. Thanks for sharing!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Oh that blue one is stunning!

Stopping by from Bella's Amaze Me August party!

Amanda Dale said...

Beautiful! The blue one is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up at The Ivy Cottage Blog.
-Amanda
www.theivycottageblog.blogspot.com

AsylumTanya said...

These flowers are lovely! Thanks for sharing! I especially like the slight sparkle the tulle gives to the blue flower!

Marianne said...

These are beautiful and I have been playing with the thought of making some for me and my oldest daughter since I am finally growing my hair out long again.

Connie the crafterbug said...

Gals,
I am sending you a versatile blogger award.I love all the projects you do. Come check it out here.
http://thecrafterbug.blogspot.com/
Connie

Unknown said...

I just love the blue flower. It is just gorgeous!! Although it makes me sad becasuse I just passed up a bag of scrap silks...I could of had some killer pins. I will Never make that mistake again!!

Also, thanks for linking up to Strictly Homemade Tuesday!!! Come on back next week!!

Lisa @ Organized Chaos said...

I love it...I want to make one! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...